Having nausea, malaise, fatigue, sore throat and stiff neck. Can I take doxy-cycl hycl?

i work at a dr. geneal rual health clinin. we seen several malaise /fatigue people w/ sore throats. took three strep tests that day all were negative. now it is the weekend an i am feeling bad. nausea, malaise, fatigue, sore throat and stiff neck. i have some doxy-cycl hycl 100mg cap 1 cap q.d. left over from some other time??? should i take these untill i can see th PAC on monday????
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Your symptoms seems to be upper sorethroat, we prescribe antibiotis to prevent secondary bacterial infection. Doxycycline wont be helpful in this situation. You only need symptomatic treatment like drink hot water, do warm salt water gargling, take some throat soother lozenges, antihistaminic tablets may be helpful. Hope this will be helpful. If the symptom persists and if fever sets in, you might need antibiotics.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile