Having nausea, lower back pain, cloudy urine and positive leukocyte test. What does it mean?

I am having nausea, lower back pain, cloudy urine and had a positive leukocyte test (OTC). Does this mean a UTI? I have been feeling bad for about a week.
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Yes, cloudy urine, positive leukocyte with lower back pain is a feature of urolithiasis (stone in the kidney/ureter/bladder system).

If you also have pain/burning sensation while passing urine and fever, you need to be treated with antibiotic. Plenty of fluids and cranberry juice are other treatment measures.

If the aforementioned symptoms do not occur, I think you will need further tests such as ultrasonography to isolate the cause.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.