Having nausea, headache and bloating stomach. Pregnant?

May 2013
Hi doctor. I have been having nausea, headache and bloating stomach for almost 2 weeks. I had my period on schedule. It was with normal colour but a much lighter flow (except Day 1 night) as my normal ones are. it lasted for 6 days. I have carried out 4 hpt and 2 hcg blood tests (which one of them are tested on my Day 5 period). All appeared negative. Would I still be pregnant in this case given I still have all the above symptoms?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
As both your blood and urine test results were negative and as you had 6 days of menstrual period there is less possibility for pregnancy.
The symptoms you are having could be due to the antibiotics you used for flu.
And also sometimes hormonal fluctuation like before periods or during ovulation can lead to these type of symptoms.
Thinking continuously about the pregnancy can also lead to symptoms that will mimic pregnancy, which called as spurious pregnancy.
So you once go for ultrasound which will clarify your doubt. After then you can take symptomatic treatment to relieve the symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having nausea, headache and bloating stomach. Pregnant? 14 minutes later
Thank you so much for your reply! That's what my physicians told me when I visited him 3 days ago. He then told me the same thing as those could be side effects of antibiotics. He also asked me to have half dose of the medication until today, I am totally off the medication. It seems to me I still have these symptoms today and that bothers me a lot. I doubt if it is the side effects of the medicine because I am also too stressed out of my 'unknown' symptoms or is it really a possible pregnancy. As well, when would you recommend to have ultrasound? And what do think is the possibility I am free from pregnancy given these info?

oh sorry for adding more, but I also feel a little bit dizzy today and looser stool for 1.5 weeks (just the texture makes me feel abnormal, the amount is as usual)...which I am not sure where do they come from?? Too stressed out? Too weak after a flu that lasted for 2 weeks or possible side effect of the antibiotics?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 18 minutes later

The side effects of the antibiotics can lost for few days after stopping the tablets also.
And also they can alter the bowel movements as a side effect.
So don't worry, the chance of pregnancy is less.
You can go for ultrasound now as that will rule out the pregnancy or you wait till your next expected date of period and if you cross that, go for ultrasound.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.