Having nasal vestibulitis, given Mupirocin but no help. Recommending cephalexin. Suggest?

I am having nasal vestibulitis. My doctor gave me Mupirocin ointment, but it's not helping. She is recommending Cephalexin. Is that a good antibiotic for it?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cephalexin is a broad spectrum antibiotic

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthCareMagic!

Cephalexin is a broad spectrum antibiotic covering many types of bacteria and particularly it helps to a great extent in eradicating bacteria in nasopharynx. I think should be good in your case. However, local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy. So, I believe your doctor would have selected it accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!