Having myopia with spectacle. Is LASIK possible for me?

i am having myopia having spectacle power Right Eye Sphere -3.5 Cylinder -3 Axis 10 Vision 6/18 p and in left eye Sphere -3.25 Cylinder -0.5 Axis 80 vision 6/6, is lasik possible for me
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes LASIK is possible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care Magic
LASIK is one of the commonest refractive surgeries performed to correct refractive errors like Myopia, Hypermetropia and Astigmatism. It can correct upto 10 dioptres of myopia, 4 dioptres of hypermetropia and 6 dioptres of astigmatism.
Since your refractive error comes within the above mentioned range LASIK is possible in your case.
However the other important things which are considered before LASIK are listed below.
1. Age of 18 years or more as refraction is usually not stable and may increase below this age limit.
2. Presence of stable refraction for 6 months to 1 year as compared from your previous spectacle power readings.
3. Presence of normal corneal thickness of more than 500 micrometres or absence of decreased corneal thickness or keratoconus as measured by simple tests by your ophthalmologists.
If you pass in the above mentioned criteria, simple investigations of the eye are performed by your treating doctor to look for other details and plan for the surgery.
I advice you to contact your ophthalmologist for further investigations and treatment advice accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Thank you