Having muscle twitching and vibrations in leg. Difference between sural nerve amplitudes and their low values?

Question
Hi Dr. Dash,
I asked you about leg muscle twitching a few months ago. These are the results of my emg, I am due to review with the neurologist soon but what is the significance of the difference in the sural nerve amplitudes and their low values?

Thanks
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 hours later
Thanks for the feed back
The most common cause of reduced sural amplitude is related to technical problems. Given that all other parameters and needle EMG are normal, I will wait without any other investigations. I feel that there is no definite neurological problem in your case as you have been extensively evaluated over a period of time.

You need to relax and concentrate with your job and family. Let me know if I can be of any help at any time. I hope that you have my email id also.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Having muscle twitching and vibrations in leg. Difference between sural nerve amplitudes and their low values? 20 hours later
Thanks Dr. Dash for your thoughts.

I will try to follow your advice as far as possible. I have your e-mail also and will contact you if any new concerns arise.

Regards.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 27 hours later
Sorry,
I could not respond you ealier as I was travelling
Please feel free and stay in touch through email
Best wishes