Having muscle soreness. Prescribed with levaquin. Want a permanent cure?

I have had a terrible virus, the Dr. prescribed Levaquin and now my tendons are hurt, but I started hurting very bad on my left side under my ribs, then I sneezed and about passed out. Now it feels like it is spasming and I don't know what I should do.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
I understand your problem and feel that viral infection has resulted in myalgia and muscle soreness.This soreness has made your intercostal muscles also sore.
A sneeze can pull the intercostal muscle, which is a small muscle between the ribs. Sneezing can trigger muscle spasms which may result in extreme pain and discomfort.
There is nothing to worry and just apply local heat and take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 4 to 5 days.
You shall be all right soon.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck