Having muscle pains in arms, neck, back and legs. Chest pain and loosing weight with hair loss. Suggest?

Oncologist
Question
Im having musle pains : in arms , neck ,shoulder ,back, and legs . also chest pains . also i have a rash on my chest ..and im losing weight . also Im weak and tired ,also have trouble eating when i eat i get nauseated also i have hair loss ,also i have swollen lymp nodes (Glands) and have low blood, anemia,
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 46 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for writing.
You have mentioned that you are 13 yrs old, is that correct? If so, then who is taking care of you? Your parents?

Anemia may explain some of the symptoms like muscle pains, wt loss, trouble eating but finding the cause of anemia is important. It may be due to iron deficiency, B12/folate deficiency, blood loss, and a host of other causes. Can I get the complete blood count of yours?

Some of the findings are not explained like rash, lymph glands enlargement or hair loss. We need to keep the possibility of some viral syndrome, autoimmune diseases, etc. You need to be evaluated by a physician, get all the routine blood tests done and then we can take it from there.

I am available for further follow-up.

Follow-up: Having muscle pains in arms, neck, back and legs. Chest pain and loosing weight with hair loss. Suggest? 51 minutes later
this my son dad, we did go to a physican, run test for blood and everythings find
the doctors do not no shit,thats why we are asking you. please let us know
what this could be? Mr. XXXXXXX Ceaser # 337-515-8225

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 9 hours later
Thanks for follow up, can you please upload the blood counts, Liver and kidney function tests. And what is the duration of symptoms?
Some of the possibilities that I can think of are-
1. Infection, likely viral
2. Autoimmune disease
3. Rarely, blood cancer

We need to rule out each step by step. It is not feasible to do this online. This has to be done by doctors actually treating him. If you feel he is not receiving roper care you may take him to another referral center. I am happy to guide you on the test reports as and when you get them.

regards

Follow-up: Having muscle pains in arms, neck, back and legs. Chest pain and loosing weight with hair loss. Suggest? 18 hours later
i have my blood results but i cant paste them on here so do you have a email so i can send it as an attachment

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 5 hours later
Please send them to YYYY@YYYY mentioning the query ID