Having muscle aches in upper back and chest. Received flu shot. Have cold. Should I worry?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having muscle aches in my upper back and chest after I recieved my flu shot Monday. I have had a cold, but the doc said I needed the flu shot. Should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry right now

Detailed Answer:

There can be muscle pain or generalized illness after flu shot. So nothing to worry right now.
Just continue your medication for cold.

If the pains/spasms are very severe enough to limit the activities of daily living, then muscle relaxants consulting your treating doctor.

Muscle pains and spasms can be improved with physiotherapy involving stretching and strengthening exercises.

I will advise to maintain your general health by taking healthy diet and protein XXXXXXX food.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having muscle aches in upper back and chest. Received flu shot. Have cold. Should I worry? 10 hours later
Thankyou very much, I feel better now, not so worried! I will start eating more protein today. If I am still feeling ill by the end of next week, I will visit my local urgent care. Thankyou for your advice :) Please have a blessed day!
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Have nice day