Having multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck. Done with haemoglobin count, mch count. Guide?

Question
My hemoglobin count 14.3, mch count 23 and mchc count 26 and lymphocytes 39 with multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck, any problems?
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The report is essentially normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

The report is essentially normal with normal Lymphocytes too.

The cause for swollen lymph nodes in the neck could be something else. Did you have a recent history of fever, upper respiratory tract infection, or any other symptoms? Let me know to guide you better.

Follow-up: Having multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck. Done with haemoglobin count, mch count. Guide? 21 minutes later
My fnac from right cervical node is" smear show sheets of mature lymphocytes and histiocytes suggestive of hyperplastic node" no symptoms like fever, cough, bt feeling sometimes heavy neck and tiredness. And multiple painless swollen lymph nodes in both side of neck.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 45 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probability of chronic inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Sorry for my delayed response; was out of town.

The FNAC shows features suggestive of chronic inflammation in the form of lymphocytes and histiocytes.

Further work-up is necessary. I would suggest you to consult a hematologist for further evaluation in terms of cause for chronic inflammation. One possibility is Sarcoidosis in you. Other could be a benign lymphoma somewhere in your body.

Wish you quick recovery.

Keep me posted on your follow up.

Follow-up: Having multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck. Done with haemoglobin count, mch count. Guide? 2 days later
Today my biopsy results "section shows lymph node with preserved architecture showing varying sized follicles with reactive germinal centres. There is no evidence of granuloma or malignancy.
Impression- Reactive lymphoid hyperplasia; right inguinal lymph node.
doctor confused m filling vry scared

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
The impression is expected and normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Please relax; there is nothing to be scared.

The biopsy report has given good result. There is no chronic inflammation like Tuberculosis in you neither do you have malignancy like a benign lymphoma. I am glad to hear this biopsy report.

It just says that there is reactive lymphoid hyperplasia in the right inguinal lymph node - This is a common finding. Please make sure you wear a sandal or shoe all the time, at work, at home.

Improve your general immunity by taking milk, dry fruits, eggs, lots of fruits and vegetables. This impression on the biopsy will vanish in a few months.

Drink plenty of water.

You need not doing anything about this finding. Go home, relax and enjoy your life.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Having multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck. Done with haemoglobin count, mch count. Guide? 32 minutes later
One more biopsy result come yesterday that" A&B section shows lymph node with preserved architecture. There are several cortical and paracortical lymphoid follicles with reactive germinal centres. The interfollicular region contains post capillary venules with few histiocytes and melanin pigment. Towards the center of the node there is partial effacement by fairly uniform follicles with no mantles. The cells comprising these follicles are predominantly small cleaved with occasional larger cells. Few mitotic figure are seen.

Impression- right inguinal lymph node swoing focal a typical follicular proliferation with reactive follicles.

Comments- immunohistochemistry is advised to rule out partial involvement by follicular lymphoma
I am very scared of these, no bectarial infection and fungal infection found during test.
Plz help me doctor

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proceed further through immunohistochemistry

Detailed Answer:

The other biopsy report also says almost the same as the previous report.

However, please proceed with the immunohistochemistry as advised to rule out follicular Lymphoma.

I wish you quick recovery.

Follow-up: Having multiple swollen lymph nodes in neck. Done with haemoglobin count, mch count. Guide? 5 minutes later
Is there any chance of lymphoma?
If no what disease affected me?
Somewhere I noticed my skin also dry

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is a chance of Lymphoma

Detailed Answer:

Yes, there is a chance of Lymphoma. That is why the further need for immunohistochemistry.

All chronic conditions are ruled out as said in my initial response.

Dry skin is not related to this.