Having multiple sclerosis. What are the dosage amounts for Percocet?

Hi what are the dosage amounts for Percocet?
I have multiple sclerosis secondary progressive relapsing remitting with over 20 lesions
I am currently on 10/325 up to 4 times a day percoct
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Maxiumum of 6 tablets daily, needs review

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The dose of percocet prescribed depends mainly on two factors. people react differently to drugs, and the dosage therefore is individualized. Smaller doses are usually started with, and the response to the drug shall determine whether the dose should be increased or should be kept same. It is advisable to start with a small acceptable dose and monitor subsequently.

If the 10/325 package, taken four times gives you enough relief, the you need not bother. If not, a maximum of 6 tablets or this drug is allowed to be taken daily. In case of persistent pain, you could consult your other drugs might be added or percocet suspended. This shall however depend on the clinical appraisal of your doctor.

I suggest you continue with the dosage you are taking if the pain is controlled. If still in pain, increasing to 6 tablets daily, not more, daily could be useful. Seek the opinion of your doctor in case pain persists, aggravates. Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking follow up questions in case of need. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD