Having multiple lumps on hands and legs. Provide information for treatment?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I am having multiple lumps on hands , legs, back Kindly provide me information for treatment
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX
These lumps over hands,legs and back could be lipoma.( Description is quite brief to think of other possibilities)
Lipomas are benign fat cell tumors underneath skin. These are painless and freely movable.
As far as lipomas are concerned, these can be treated with surgical excision. Another option is a technique called lipolysis by injecting phosphatidyl choline intralesionally. Injections are given month apart and help in reduction of lipoma size. Surgical excision is a more definite treatment.

I would advise that you consult a surgeon nearby to get the lesions examined as it would aid in diagnosis and thus help in suggesting an appropriate treatment.

If possible kindly send me an image of your lumps as it would help to some extent in ascertaining the probable diagnosis.

Hope that helped.

Follow-up: Having multiple lumps on hands and legs. Provide information for treatment? 22 hours later
First lump I got around 15 years back when I was 20 yrs old. Slowly I am seeing them on hands,side of stomach,back side! Tighs. I feel pain if I hold some weight objects for more than 1 min. If I stand for long time, I feel pain in legs. Some times I get numbness in legs if I sit for long time. Ian sending the pictures of the lumps.
Kindly provide me a suggestion

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 hours later
Hi XXXXXX
Kindly upload the images of concerned area as that would help in correlating the symptoms mentioned above and give you a proper advise.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Having multiple lumps on hands and legs. Provide information for treatment? 55 minutes later
i uploaded the photo

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 19 hours later
Hi XXXXXX
The images uploaded are not at all of clear resolution. But what I could make out from attached pics, lipoma seems to be most probable diagnosis. The lumps can appear over a period of time. The other symptoms of pain numbness etc are not seen with lipoma. I would advise that you XXXXXXX a surgeon to get your lumps evaluated, so that a proper investigation based treatment can be offered.
Hope that helped.