Having movable pain in stomach. What's wrong?

hi doctors my boyfriend is having stomach pain and he also had surgery in 2007 hemoraid and the pain is moving from one side to the other what is wrong with him his father had surgery on his stomach but i do not know what for. my boyfriend takes hydroco/acetaminop and ambien. he has no allergies
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 28 minutes later

1. Surgery for haemorrhoid four years ago has no bearing on the stomach pain now.

2. The medicines he is taking [acetaminophen/Hydrocodone; zolpidem (ambien)] are less likely to contribute.

3. The description of the pain is not detailed enough to lead to a diagnosis. Please specify the type, nature, exact location, the duration, progress of pain and it's relation with food, stools and urination.

4. It is not possible to relate to the family - unless, the diagnosis of his father's surgery is known

5. In this circumstance, the best approach will be to investigate - urine, stool and blood tests / Ultrasonography and/or endoscopy. The aforementioned tests are warranted if his pain is acute. His physician can streamline the test.

6. In the mean time, he can take OTC for medicine for colic (e.g. hyoscine) and acid suppressors (e.g. omeprazole).

Hope this answers your query. Should you have any other concerns, I will be glad to help.

Good luck!!!