Having mouth ulcers. Body getting too much heat. Ulcers lead mouth cancer? Worried?

I have been having mouth ulcers from past few months. It's like they come and just go in a day or two. Especially when I eat spicy food, that's what I noticed. Sometimes I notice even if I dont eat spicy food. I think my body is getting too much heat inside that's why I am getting it. But I dont know what's happening with this on and off mouth ulcers. they are not severe but not unnoticable.. One of my aunt got mouth ulcers and then mouth cancer. So I am really scared if this is related to mouth cancer.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I really do not think you need to be that worried at this point in time. Recurrent painful ulcers are generally seen in certain Vitamin Deficiencies like Vitamin C deficiency. Oral Herpes Virus infection is also a common cause of this.

Other rarer conditions that could be implicated are : Autoimmune diseases, lupus, pemphigus, Addisons disease, oral Syphillis , and at times cancers as you rightly put it.

In your case, It is VERY VERY UNLIKELY it should be a cancer. My suggestion is get a serologic test now for Herpes and an Erythrocyte Sedimentation rate, C reactive proteins to have a measure of the degree of inflammation in your body. Normality of these parameters, and a normal physical examination by your physician, especially when the ulcers appear, will certainly indicate that a vegetable and fruit XXXXXXX diet could be very helpful in this case. Supplementary Vitamin C tablets taken in the morning for two weeks could help.

I suggest you consult your family physician with the few ideas I suggested in mind. I strongly feel you really need not bother now. Thanks once again, and feel free asking any further questions if need be.

Best regards and wishing you good health.

Bain LE, MD.