Having mouth ulcer, unable to eat spicy food, burning sensation and unable to open mount. Suggest?

I am having mouth ulcer unable to eat spicy food it will be burning sensation and unable to open mount pls help us for tratment
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Mouth ulcers are usually self healing and do not require any treatment, however for faster healing please follow these advices

1. Avoid spicy food until the mouth ulcer heals
2. Drink lots of water, upto 8 glasses of water per day
3. Take multivitamin tablets like Becosules for 15 days
4. Apply a local antibiotic gel like Metrogyl DG gel which is a combination of metrogyl and chlorhexidine

I would like to add here that if the ulcer persisits and does not heal please see an ENT specialist for further management

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries I will be happy to get back to you