Having moderate to severe tachycardia, feeling heartbeat in roof of mouth. What is going on?

Jan 2013

I have been having moderate to severe tachycardia all day and heart feels like a pulled muscle. Also I can feel my heartbeat in the roof of my mouth.
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 44 minutes later
There may be two possibilities: any cardiac illness/ any systemic illness
Cardiac illnees may be arrhythmias/ any structural cardiac illness.
You should go for electro-cardiogram (ECG) and 2D Echo. Any type of cardiac illness may be detected by these test. If there is any doubt then you can go for electro-physiological studied of heart.
Systemic illness just like thyroid problem may cause palpitation feeling.
You should go for repeat thyroid profile test and serum sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium.
Put your query if you have.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava