Having mite infestation in and around nose. Feels itchy. What to do?

I think I have some kind of mite infestation in and around my nose. It itches, breaks out, I get tiny barely visible in bright light, clear ? which always looks the same every time I see it. When I get it off my nose it quits itching! It will stick to the end of my fingernail like glue! What is it?l
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 26 minutes later

You seem to have good number of sebaceous glands around nose they got clogged. The sebum is sticky and it attracts germs which may theoretically include mite (unheard).

So the cause could be excessive secretion of sebum which can be washed with simple soap and water twice a day. Being a 65 year old woman you are more prone for such infections and problems because the normal flora on the skin are depleted.

You may try to use home remedies instead of medicines to dry the area where there is excessive stickiness.

Let me know if you need any clarification.
Follow-up: Having mite infestation in and around nose. Feels itchy. What to do? 27 minutes later
Thank you for your answer! It sounds sooo right. I have some small bumps in other places on my body also. Tiny white things come out of them. I think they are the same thing. I think my sebaceous glands do excrete sebum and colgg the glands. This is more information than any other doctor has given me, including a dermatologist. Now I know what to do. I do take a shower in the am, but there are at least one day of every week that my nose itches so much that I cannot do anything but try to get relief. I also have recurring fevers. I will tell my pcp about this. Also, I will wash my face two to three times a day. It has been helping when I have used XXXXXXX Butter & Almond Soap. Thank you ever so much! It seems sometimes doctors I have seen don't want to bother with a "small" problem like itching! Thank you ever so much.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Sorry, I could not notice your mail. It is too late now and I am replying it.

I prefer you use mild soap (not much lather) with clean water to wash face only twice a day. You can try very mild salicyclic acid gel (available over the counter) on those sticky areas only. XXXXXXX Butter can be greasy but if it helps you feel good and fresh continue it.

If you do not have any more queries please close this discussion.