Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be osteoneporsis of the jaw?

I have had three reclast treatments. The last of three was approx. one year ago. I have had an infection under a tooth with a root canal...treament with three rounds of antibiotics helped but it always came back. Finally after 6 months dealing with this I had the tooth pulled. It has been three weeks and it continues to have very mild to moderate pain...dentists have checked it saying there is no visible tissue damage and that the tissue is healing. I am frightened, very, that I may be developing osteoneporsis of the jaw. No one has ruled it out, but it is just a waiting thing. Is there anyway I can give myself peace of mind?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I understand your worries, but the pain (mild to moderate) you are feeling is related to problems with your root canal and pulled tooth. I am glad to hear that you do not have any serious illness. At your age, such long and painful infections of the tooth are difficult to go although the treatment. That's why you are feeling pain. You can take paracetamol, mephenamic acid or ibuprofen for relieving pain. With regards of fearing osteoporosis of the jaw, please bare in mind that you have lost your teeth due to infection and not because lowering density of the bones of the jaw or the teeth. So, as long as your blood work or bone density testing are ok and you already had the Reclast treatments, for the moment being, there is nothing to worry about. Wish you health! p..s if you have further concern, I'd be happy to answer them back!