Having mild reflux and experiencing lot of burping. Dull and sharp pain when bending forward. What could it be?

I have been having mild reflux, and experiencing a lot of burping and pain on upper right side when burping. I also experience a range of dull and sharp pain throughout the day on the same upper right side, and on occasion when bending forward? Gallbladder, reflux, something else??
Also, I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder and there was no evidence of gallstones.

thank you.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take rabeprazole with domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It seems to be due to acid peptic disease and reflux disease. For this take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole along with a prokinetic agent like domperidone. Also:
1.Avoid fatty meals
2. Don’t lie down soon after meals for at least half hour
3.Take small and frequent meals, instead of full meals at a time
4. If you are overweight or obese do weight reduction with dieting and exercise

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having mild reflux and experiencing lot of burping. Dull and sharp pain when bending forward. What could it be? 39 minutes later
Thank you for your response. So you don't think there is anything with the gallbladder? Would protonix funtion in the same manner as the above-suggested medicine?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for feedback Yes I don't believe that is because of gallbladder as it is normal on ultrasound. Also because gallbladder pain that is billiary colic is moderate to severe pain that appears very fast and resolve spontaneously within few hours. Protonix is also a proton pump inhibitor and it will reieve your symptoms however for better relief take domperidone also.

If you do not have any further query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.