Having mild pain with anxiety and heaviness in head. What treatment should be done?

I have mild pain,anxiety,over sleeping (drowsy) and heavy head problem particular on left side.if i read book, pain starts after few minutes.feel abnormality on left temporal lobe.what is the treatment or suggestion?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 17 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted your complaints.

Passing urine three times in sleep could suggest a possibility of seizures in the background of abnormal EEG.

Your EEG findings will guide us to select the appropriate medications. The medications that can help are sodium valproate, topiramate. With due respect to your physician, I feel that you will benefit with valproate. You need to identify the stress and avoid that. Practice relaxation techniques like Meditation also. All these will reduce the headache too.

I hope that I have clarified your query,

Please get back to me, if you have further concerns

Best wishes
Follow-up: Having mild pain with anxiety and heaviness in head. What treatment should be done? 56 minutes later
Thank you very much for you suggestion, to give you update i took Tagretol few years before,i am not taking any medicine other than Neurobion Forte now a days.
i am also facing ED problem since few years, i guess because of neurological problems.

Should i continue Neurobion Fort with Sodiuam Valporate and what dose of Sodiuam Valporate will you recommend and how long should i take.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 hours later

There is no definite need of neurobion. You may take valproate (with consultation with a neurologist) for about 6 months and get reviewed . This is a prescription drug and should be rightfully given to you by your physician after an exam.

Best wishes