Having mild pain in the breast. Which specialist should I consult?

My 13yr old daughter just told me her breast has been hurting. Upon further questioning, she stated that she has two nipples on one breast. Upon examination, it does look like two nipples or one that is split completely in half. She is extremely modest, but I am concerned and would like to have a doctor examine it. What type of doctor (speciality) do I need to take her to?
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Mild pain in the breast is commonly seen during menarche due to the hormonal changes and the breast growth spurts. This pain usually subsides in 6-8 months.
Appearance of two nipples on one breast is a normal physiological variation and is not worrisome. It is not associated with any pathology.
To confirm this, you can get her examined by a gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.