Ask a Urologist   »  

Having mild pain in stomach. Kidney has mild pelvic calyceal dilation and post ureter dilation. Diagnosed due to infection. Guide?

Urologist
Question
Hi .. i was having mild pain in the left side of my stomach so went for a scan but it showed left side is normal.. but my right kidney has mild pelvic calyceal dilation and post ureter dilation and residual urine present..but i dont have pain in my right side.
Early doctor diagnosed it may be due to infection.

It is a very mild pain in the left for around a month.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
recently passed stone-----------------------------

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to the forum.
Since you do not have symptoms on the right side, possible reason for the scan findings is - A Recently Passed out stone from the right kidney. Also ultrasound scan, if you have done that, is operator dependent.
So, I suggest you repeat the scan at another centre after some time, say about 3 weeks. At the same time, it is better to recheck residual urine, as it can also vary between two values.
The left side pain is not due to urinary tract disease since the scan is normal. It is probably, muscular pain and pain relievers should help.
Hope this helps,
Best regards

2. M

Follow-up: Having mild pain in stomach. Kidney has mild pelvic calyceal dilation and post ureter dilation. Diagnosed due to infection. Guide? 5 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
Thanks for your reply.Doctor has prescribed me Diovol for the left side pain and it gives me partial relief.

Can you please give me what food I should be intaking to avoid this.It is a mild sharp pain in the left back side of my abdomen I have.

Please help

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
diet advice---------------------------------------

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Diovol should give relief for acidity problem.

Foods that need to be taken in restricted quantities to prevent stone formation are-

1. Red meat.
2. Fish.
3. Salt

Foods that need to be taken in plenty are-

1. Water 3 to 4 liters daily.
2. Coconut water.
3. Fruit juices like lemon and orange.

Hope this helps
Best regards