Having mild pain from elbow to fingers. What could be the possible reason of the pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a mild pain originating from my elbow to my 1st two fingers (Ring finger and the smallest one). It used to occur a few years back when I used to go to gym but then it automatically went away as I discontinued. But it has again surfaced a few weeks back since the time I started playing table tennis. The pain is very mild and does not interfere with my normal routine functions of the arm but it irritates me.
Posted Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 minutes later
The pain in the back of elbow radiating down the forearm upto ring and smallest finger is likely to be related to ulnar nerve compression or inflammation. Most commonly it is caused by a tennis elbow or cubital tunnel syndrome.
You can help the improvement by-
1. Give adequate rest to the arm.
2. Apply cold therapy.
3. Get some anti-inflammatory medication prescribed from your orthopedician.
4. Immobilize the arm for a short period.
5. stretching exercises are helpful under the care of a physiotherapist.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.