Having mild pain all over body. Is this the cause of concern?

Nov 2013

From many days , I sometimes have a slight pain for some time span in Left side scalp, chest,teeth ,lips,ear, hand,fingers, waist, upper knee,foot,toes. Means scalp to leg all left side body parts gets slightly pained. It happens most of the times. Most of the time I neglect it. But I want to know that why it happens always.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 23 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most common reason for hemi-pain (pain involving one half of the body) is a chemical disturbance in the opposite side of brain, that is, right side of brain in your case. The specific area involved is the thalamus.

However, in some cases, there may be a lack of blood flow or infection in the same region.

So, if symptoms are persisting or increasing in severity, a brain scan may be done to rule out the above mentioned conditions.

As of now, there is no need to worry.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My Website: WWW.WWWW.WW My blog:
Follow-up: Having mild pain all over body. Is this the cause of concern? 1 hour later
Thank u!
Do I need to take any medicine to permanently remove it or any execise.
I m very afraid bcoz I dont want its any severe impact on me.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 40 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

There is no need of medicines now. However, if the pain is severe, you may take pregabalin capsules.

Regular walking and exercises will be helpful, though not specific for this problem.

Please keep in touch.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)