Having mild knee pain. What is the cause and treatment?

I am having mild knee pain since 4-5 months. It pains when climbing stairs or taking rigorous activity.What could be the reason and what is cure.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: it needs evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Good morning to you. I have read your query. The reason for knee pain could be early onset Osteoarthritis of the knee joints. This is due to age related wear and tear of the joint ligaments and supports. I would suggest you to get a plain x-ray of the knee joint to check the status of the same. You may also get your serum calcium and Vitamin D levels checked. Low calcium can cause this too. Meanwhile, I suggest you to take calcium supplements like Tablet Shelcal HD once daily routinely. Drink a glass of milk daily. Hope this helps you. Take care!