Having mild fever, sore throat, swollen and small bump on tonsil. What could be the disease?

Hi I've been having a low grade fever now for a least a week. My throat is sore my right tonsil is swollen with a red slighty hard tiny bump on tonsil. I have no insurance so need your help!!!!
I own a day care and about a month back a child came with hand foot and mouth disease! I got a really bad sore throat with no other symptoms but a little later i noticed bump on tonsil. ???? also i have cavities and gum disease dont know if this could have caused bump???
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Thanks for the question.

It's difficult to trace back source of infection, if it is due to that child or if it is due to gum disease.

But in view of symptoms it's obvious that you have tonsillitis with tonsillar abscess formation.

You need to treat this with course of antibiotics. Warm salt water gargles can help reduce symptoms.

Hope this answers your question.