Having mild fever and no other symptoms. On rest and cool drinks. Further?

temperature between 98.6 to 100.2 for last 3 days. no other symptoms. what do you suggest? she is sticking to bed rest & cool drinks
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Continue rest for two more days

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

From your question I understand that Your daughter seems to be having a mild fever since three days and she is taking rest due to that.

In such instances I would suggest to continue the rest but would advise to take all foods, eating good wholesome meals is very much recommended during any illness. So she can have normal meals.

To be able to help you further It would be great if you could share a few more details about the issue... Hence I request you to kindly answer the following questions,

1. Does your daughter have any cold, cough, sore throat?
2. Does she have chills?
3. Does she have burning/pain while passing urine?
4. Does she have any pain in the tummy or loose stools?
5. Is the temperature all the time high? or does it subside for some time in between and starts over again at one particular time?
6. Is she taking any medicines for the temperature?

Please do write back with answers so that I can give a better answer.

Hope my suggestions help you.

Awaiting your response.

Wishing her speedy recovery.

Dr. Yogesh. D