Having mild discomfort and pain in groin area. What is the underlying cause?

I have a very mild discomfort/ dull ache near my groin, what is the cause of this ache?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 18 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It could be related to hernia. Many people, specially the ones who do physical labor job or heavy exercise will find such a problem. On the other hand, some people who have had unprotected sex may find such a problem. It could be related to inflamed lymph nodes. Most of the time they can remember a history of sexual transmitted disease. However, they may have had a silent infection and now they are experiencing such a thing. With just little chance, it could be related to an infection in another area or an inflammation in another area. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Having mild discomfort and pain in groin area. What is the underlying cause? 5 minutes later
Okay, my last sexual encounter was 13 weeks ago. week 4 i tested for all stds, all was clear. Then I found a wart week 6 had it removed. week 10 I got tested for HIV, Herpes 1 And 2 IGG and IGM, as well as syphilis. All was clear then no positives. Also every sexual encounter i have has has been with protection. I had a urologist check my groin area, he checked my testicles and and did a brief rectal exam, he said I was fine. I also noticed cracked skin on my testicles from time to time, it usually goes away and appears after a shower. Should i go back to a Doctor for more tests. It is not a real pain, it just seems like a discomfort.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi, it could be related to a reaction following being infected with the wart. As you mentioned it can cause a discomfort feeling. In most of the cases, lymph node inflammations resolve after some weeks.
If it is hernia, it gets more prominent with activities, however, it is not so probable to be so.