Having mild anaemia small red blood cells. Doctor has advised for upper abdominal ultrasound. Is it necessary to go for gall bladder removal?

Question
am 27 yr old male Married from 4 years and I have a 3-month-old girl & I have been detected with small Gb polyps, 3 mm in size, during a routine full health check at bumrungrad hospital bangkok before 2 month. I have no other problem or symptom as per my complete health check report only i have mild anemia small red blood cells and the doctor say maybe possibly due to thalassemia trait. A doctor has advised me to follow up upper abdominal ultrasound in 3 month. Pls suggest what should I do and if its still 3 mm should i gall bladder removed .

MY MEDICAL REPORT ON ATTAHCED

Thanks a lot.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer..Nothing is to be done now
Detailed answer...
Polyps are very common occurrence and generally they don't cause any problem and are generally encountered on routine ultrasound of abdomen.
Small polyps less than 1 cm and without any symptoms are left alone and are monitored every year sonographically.
Only those polyps are resorted to surgery which are more than 1cm in size and specially associated with gall bladder stones.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Having mild anaemia small red blood cells. Doctor has advised for upper abdominal ultrasound. Is it necessary to go for gall bladder removal? 13 minutes later
thank you doctor for you reply

Does your response mean that the situation does not require X-ray ultrasound work again, or taking any medications or work any telescope or surgery for that matter.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
Small polyps are monitored by ultrasound annually,as explained in my earier answer.There is no medication for this and no surgery required now.
Thanks

Follow-up: Having mild anaemia small red blood cells. Doctor has advised for upper abdominal ultrasound. Is it necessary to go for gall bladder removal? 4 minutes later
also doctor regarding my full report check up on attached

can you review all test and advise me if thir is any proplem or advise from you as my report show my blood anemia.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 15 minutes later
I saw your reports even before my first reply.
There is slight small blood cell anaemia and besides thalassemia,iron deficiency can also cause small red cell anemias.You must consult a haematologist for proper evaluation,so that root cause of your anemia can be identified.
Rest of the reports are normal.
thanks