Having mild abdominal pain and started spotting. How to find ovulation date?

According to the last missed period, I am 6 weeks pregnant but I have a strong feeling the ovulation would have happened after 2 weeks and I would be 4 weeks pregnant. However I had a drop of blood spotting in the morning and went to the doc.He took a transvaginal scan and stated that based on the weeks, baby has ot grown and he can see only a gestational sac. He asked me to come after a week for another scan followed by prescription of Endogest 200mg, folic acid, tab Duphastan and Hydroxyprogestrerone Caproate Injection 500mg for 2 weeks.

I have no symptoms of pregnancy other than mild abdominal pains certain times and leg cramps. Could you please advice me? Is everything fine? thanks
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Ovulation occurs two weeks after the last period but the period of gestation is always calculated from the date of last menstrual periods.
Usually a fetal heart beat can be visualized by six weeks of gestation. In your case since the heart beat has not yet appeared, the doctor has prescribed you all these medicines for a better placental attachment.
A repeat scan will help in guiding us regarding the viability of the baby.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having mild abdominal pain and started spotting. How to find ovulation date? 6 minutes later
Thanks for the reply...This has actually eased my present state of mind.
I have been continuously swimming or brisk walking everyday from Sept 1st till yesterday. Can i continue with it or should i take a break till the next scan result?

Please advice. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
You need to restrict any stressful activities, exercise, intercourse, riding on a bike and driving till your next scan. You need to avoid swimming and brisk walking too.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.