Having migraines and chest pain. Diagnosed with advanced central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia. Hair regrowth or transplant?

I was just diagnosed with advanced central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia. Is there any hope for hair regrowth, or in transplants?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later

Cicatricial alopecia means, the bulb of hair is completely destroyed and there cannot be regrowth.

The only natural way to treat cicatricial alopecia is hair transplant.

However it can be done only in small patches, and the success rate is very low.

I would advice you to go for hair implantation.

This include, implanting synthetic hair on scalp.

Another option is hair weaving, which means adding excess hair to scalp, non surgically, to increase the bulk.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you,