Having migraine with swelling of face and droopy eyes. Pain in the ear. Developed raised, bumpy, red rash on ankle and foot. Suggest?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I have seen several specialists at this point. I started having right side migraines with swelling of the face, droopy eye, pressure and pain in the right ear. I would usually wake up like this. Then I noticed I would get a lump in my throat and my tongue swells and inside right cheek. The swelling is not major, but there. I have developed a raised, bumpy, red rash on my left ankle and top of my foot. Soon after I discovered rash inner thighs that look like round red with the border distinct. These rashes are not itchy or painful. The rashes faded away at one point, but are back again and now the ones on my inner thigh are spreading to both butt cheeks and "love handle" area. My joints have been achy, I am fatigued and get nauseous while driving. I also get vertigo at times. This has been going on for 4 weeks. I have been to my Dentist, Jaw surgeon, allergist, Neurologist and ENT. mri of the brain is normal, ct of sinuses are normal, allergy testing is normal. The ENT denied seeing any swelling, which is obvious to others around me. Not sure what to do next.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
get your blood checked for platelet counts.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

Have you recently travelled outside?

After reading your post, would advise that you should get following investigations done :-
1. Platelet count.
2. Hb, TLC, DLC.

Are you on any medicines for migraine?
You can take paracetamol 500 mg along with Domperidone 10 mg for relief from your symptoms. If your symptoms persists, you can start Flunarizine 10 mg at night for relief from migraine.
Betahistine 16 mg thrice a day will help in controlling vertigo.
You should take any medicine under medical supervision only.

You should also take care of your diet. Eat healthy fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water daily.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.