Having migraine problem while stressed, not getting proper sleep, getting headache before periods. Concerned

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2013
Jan 2013

Question
I have migrane issues mostly when I am stressed / go out in the sun / or if I am not getting proper 8 hrs seelp. Also I get severe headaches a week before my periods and they are so bad that taking a combiflam for the whole week is the only option that helps to lead a normal routine.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

You have typical history of migraine and have all typical precipitating factors for migraine.

Kindly mention if you have any vomiting or nausea feeling.

You should take these medication:
1) Tablet sumantriptan once in a day
2) Tablet Naproxen 275 mg twice in day
3) Tablet Vasograin (a combimnation medicine containing Ergotamine, caffeine, Paracteamol, Prochlorperazine.)
4) Tablet Propranolol and Flunarizine for prophylaxis
5) Tablet Divalproex for prophylaxis if not relieved with previous one.

Most of the patient get benefit by the above prescribed treatment.

Put your query if you have.

Best regards,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Follow-up: Having migraine problem while stressed, not getting proper sleep, getting headache before periods. Concerned 13 hours later
Thanks for the reply Doc.

Yes I do get nausea feeling and most of the time end up vomiting even the water intake that I do. Though by taking combiflam the migrane does come under control in 2 hours time.

Also need clarification - the medications that you have suggested, do I need to start all (5) of it immediately. Or is this to be taken once I get the headache.

Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for sharing your query.

1) Tablet sumantriptan + Tablet Naproxen 275 mg available with the name of Tablet Headset Twice in a day for 5 days

2) Tab vasograin twice in a day for 5 days

3) Tablet Propranolol and Flunarizine as combination available in market for 10 days

After 10 days you would need only one tablet, if your all symptoms are well controlled.

Thanks,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava