Having migraine problem. Getting attack twice a week. Suggest

Nov 2013

i have a migraine problem . and it occurs usually twice in a week . kindly help me out
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Migraine can be well managed with proper treatment.

Since you have frequent headaches (twice a week), you need to start preventive medications such as beta blockers, topiramate, flunarizine or divalproex, to reduce the number and severity of headaches.

In addition, to relieve the headaches, you may use rizatriptan tablets or zolmitriptan nasal spray, as and when you have headaches.

Common triggers such as lack of sleep, not eating food on time and direct exposure to sunlight should be avoided.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog: