Having metallic taste in mouth, feeling bloated and nauseous. HPT negative. Pregnant?

I have a metallic taste for a few days, cramping, bloating, nausea and have brown discharge for my period. My breasts are tender and itchy on and off. Not real tired though. Today marks 2 weeks past ovulation and pregnancy test came up negative. Also have a lot of gas. Can i still be pregnant?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Since it is only two weeks past the date of ovulation, it is right now too early to get a positive test on the home pregnancy tests. The symptoms that you are having are all suggestive of pregnancy.

You need to wait for at least one week more for your periods and then repeat the test with the early morning sample of urine. Otherwise you can get serum Beta HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropin) levels estimated to find out your status of pregnancy.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having metallic taste in mouth, feeling bloated and nauseous. HPT negative. Pregnant? 15 hours later
I had a brown discharge yesterday and now today I have a period that is not as heavy as I normally have. I still have pregnancy symptoms described in previous question. Can I have a period and still be pregnant? Can I still do a home pregnancy test at the end of next week?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It is unlikely to be pregnant while you are having a period even if it is milder than usual. Still, for the confirmation, you can do a pregnancy test at home at the end of next week.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.