Having mental illness. How to cure it?

My parents doesn't believe on anyone. They see everyone as enemy. And when I try to tell them that its not that everyone is bad , they don't listen.They feel that everyone is behind destroying our family. I feel helpless , I sometime feel that its a mental illness. But not sure how to handle it. And is there any way I can help them believing ppl ?
kindly let me know whom can I contact for more information on this. I would really be thankful to you..
Thank you
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 27 minutes later
hi there, thanks for asking. It is good to talk with a psychologist, a counselor or a psychiatrist in this regard. They may suffer from negative thoughts about the other people. It is depressant for those people who have it and also for their family. It is recommended not to oppose with their idea when they mention some points because it can cause more distance between you and them. That would not be good for them. A psychologist can help them to gradually accept an alternative way of thought. I wish you and the family a good health.