Having menstruation with clots and burning uterus. Should I be concerned?

Mar 2013
I ve high menstruation on 2&3 day with clots & mild burning inside uterus from past months. it remain ok with dark red bloody periods with no burning but sometimes it starts wtih pure red blood with burning. i ve large clots but they are controlled by self but above condition is still present.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.
I think you are suffering from some kind of infection within the uterus.
The condition is called endometritis.
It presents with pain, burning and increased menstrual bleeding.
Endometrial hyperplasia where the lining of the uterus is thickened is also one possibility.
Anemia, thyroid disorders, being on blood thinners - all can cause such a picture.
Also, in case of polycystic ovarian disease, you would have increased menstrual bleeding sometimes.
The burning also could be because of certain pelvic infections like Candida ( yeast ) or bacterial or parasitic infections which are heightened during menstrual bleeding, because menstrual blood is a good breeding ground for bacteria.
Genital tuberculosis could present this way.
Uterine fibroids could cause heavy bleeding with clots.
Fresh red bleeding can be caused by cervical growths, or polyps.

Please consult your gynecologist.
Have complete XXXXXXX examination and check up.
Go for pap smear and have a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound, not an abdominal one.

Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.