Having menstrual cycle after taking primolut n. Experiencing dizziness. Reason?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
I am now having my menses, triggered by taking primolut n for 5 days. I am experiencing rather bad dizziness currently and wondering what is causing this
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 2 hours later

Thanks for your post.

Your gynecological history suggests that you had a bleed after primolut N. Probable cause of dizziness may be your medication keppra, and I do not think it is due to any gynecology problem.

Hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Good luck.
Follow-up: Having menstrual cycle after taking primolut n. Experiencing dizziness. Reason? 16 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I started on keppra n 2010 after my first operation. I didn't have any dizziness back then till now. I also noticed that everytime before my period, I feel tightness of chest and dizziness. I was wondering if it could be due to elevated progesterone level that is causing the symptoms?

Could you advise if this could be a possibility that is causing my dizziness?

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 6 hours later

Yes, you may be correct (you would have given these details earlier).
Dizziness and tightness of chest are probably part of PMS (pre menstrual syndrome).

Consult your local gynecologist, who will suggest medication to control these symptoms.

With warm regards.