Having masturbation habit with unwashed things. What are the chances of having HIV?

Jan 2013

Hello Doc,

I am from India and my question is regarding HIV. Currently I am studying in a hostel .

I have a habit of regularly masturbating in my single room ,while masturbating I also practice anal insertion using my fingers and other objects in my room such as pens ,pencils , gluebottle,broom handle , Table tennis bat handle ,toothbrush etc.
My worry is that I never washed these items or even my fingers before using them .
1. Pens are sometimes used by my class mates for writing .
2. toothbrush touches bathroom table in morning
3. my fingers have touched door knobs , tap knobs , spray unit knob etc. i didn't wash my fingers.

Now I am worried that I have got hiv as the bathroom is used by lot of other students !!!!!!

Please help me ...I have stopped anal insertion currently and am waiting for 3 months for hiv testing ..but within this period I have just been probing my anus with my unwashed fingers but not very XXXXXXX that also a risk ...will my test results after 3 months be conclusive ???
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 minutes later
HIV virus doesn't exist outside the body so there is as such no risk of getting HIV infection.
So if you are using pencils, tooth brushes, pen and etc for masturbation, there is no risk.
I think this will solve your query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having masturbation habit with unwashed things. What are the chances of having HIV? 14 minutes later
Thanx Doc ,

I am extremely relieved . Actually I was worried because somebody else's semen might have been there on bathroom surfaces and later dried and I might have touched the same and then transferred it to my anus .

So are you really confident that I need no HIV testing because I want to enjoy my life to the fullest and not live with HIV fear .

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 7 minutes later
Studies have proven that HIV does not survive well outside the human body.
In artificially high concentrations produced in the lab, HIV drying that occurs outside of the body reduces the number of infectious viral particles by 99 percent in just a few hours.
Since the concentration of HIV in blood or other bodily fluids is much lower, HIV drying outside the human body virtually eliminates all infectious HIV particles therefore making the risk of HIV infection from blood or bodily fluids outside the body essentially zero.
so you should remain tension free.
I think this will solve your problem
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava