Having lumps under testicles. No pain. Will it cause any problem?

Hi Doc,

I have a small sort of lumps under the testicles which I noticed 6months back. As of now I am not seeing any kind of pain. It only bothers will this cause any problem going forward. Please advice.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 30 minutes later
Firstly let me make something clear. Testes is a male reproductive organ lying XXXXXXX to a sac known as scrotum. So if the lesions can be seen externally, these are present on scrotal wall.
These could be sebaceous cysts, warts, molluscum, scabetic nodules. To confirm the diagnosis, discuss management and prognosis, I would request if you could send a clear resolution image of the concerned area.
If you feel that the lesions are XXXXXXX to scrotal wall and arising from testes then do let me know, so that we can discuss the possibilities.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Having lumps under testicles. No pain. Will it cause any problem? 2 hours later
Hi Doc,

As per your request, I have enclosed high resolution pictures of the concerned area.
Please check and do let me know your advise on the same

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 hours later
I have seen the images attached. It probably looks like a sebaceous cyst. Another close possibility could be a lesion of molluscum contagiosum. The differentiation requires a close naked eye examination.
Molluscum is a viral infection characterised by pearly white to skin colored done shaped lesion with a central umbilication/ depression
Sebaceous cyst is a cyst underneath skin and may have a central black punctum. On squeezing, it may discarge an oily or cheesy liquid.

Both of these can easily be treated by cautery of the lesion. Had the cyst been large, then in that case surgical excision would have been required.

I would advise that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist near by to get the lesion examined and treated.
Hope that helped.