Having lump on calf muscle. No pain. What can this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Lump on right calf muscle that appears and disappears when I tiptoe. No pain felt. What is it?My email is YYYY@YYYY

Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 53 minutes later
Before I proceed further, I would like to know more about the swelling.

Duration of swelling (when you notice it first).
Swelling is soft or hard to touch.
Swelling is localised in area or diffused.

There is feature to upload the image, kindly utilise that sothat I can help you in better ways.

Awaiting your reply.

Orthopaedic surgeon
Follow-up: Having lump on calf muscle. No pain. What can this be? 15 minutes later
Not a swelling but a small lump that only appears on my right calf when I tiptoe. No diffused swelling or pain. Not really soft or very hard.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for the information provided.

As per your description, this small lump could be a lipoma, cyst or fibroma. They are usually asymptomatic and no specific treatments are required unless they cause significant pain and discomfort. In general, these are benign condition and does not pose any long term risk.
If the size of lump start growing rapidly and you develop pain and fever, visit your doctor for proper evaluation.

Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Please accept my answer if you have no further query.