Having lump in throat and under chin on neck. Protrudes while swallowing. Have history of cyst. Suggest?

Hi I have a lump in the right side of my throat behind my right tonsil. It is very evident. inwent to dentist 4 months ago for my teeth and it wasnt there then ive only just noticed it. also can feel 2 small lumps under my chin on my upper right neck. 1 in particular when I swallow protrudes. I have a history of cysts in this area but this one feels bigger.
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 34 minutes later
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

Dear madam ,

Well looking into the history you have given it seems like swollen and enlarged lymph nodes may be of cervical chain of lymph nodes to me , but it can be a cyst also as you have a history of cysts in this area . For diagnosis of this problem i think it will not be possible to guide you on the basis of just history only it needs a thorough physical examination . If these swellings are painful or interfere with swallowing is important history to be told .

I advise you to see an ENT specialist who will examine the enlarged swelling their consistency , exact location and size and will accordingly take a decision on further investigations like USG Neck , FNAC of swelling or may be a biopsy can be planned . It will be advisable to you to seek medical help as soon as possible because these swellings have been increasing in number.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti