Having lump in groin area and inner thigh. What cure should be done?

I have a tender oval shaped lump in my groin on my inner thigh. Only detectable by touch and cannot be seen. Have had it for a few months and it seems to reduce in size and then come back periodically, especially after exercise.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The fact that it increases in size after exercise indicates that the lump is in the subcutaneous tissue.

Based on the site and the description I could think of two possibilities.

Lipoma or a Neurofibroma.

Both the conditions are harmless unless they show rapid growth in a short period.It is then you may need an FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology) where material from the lump is extracted by using a needle and examined under microscope to diagnose specifically.

I would consider there is no need for any treatment for such a lesion.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.