Having lump beside the anus. Blood test and Haemoglobin was normal. Is it haemorrhoid?

General Surgeon
I have a lump hanging out of my anus and doctor gave me hemorrhoid suppository. It is shrink in width. Now my Doctor says it may be tag and he is sending me to Surgeon for removal. I am worried it may not be tumor. My doctor says it is a like a long rod shape and tumor is like cauliflower shape. It sometime hurts and during the last two months, I had three time blood in my toilet and with the increase of vegetables and friuts, the bleeding went away. For the last 20 days, I have not seen blood in my toilet. He did my blood test and my Hemoglobin was normal. Please advise me if it is a tag or something else.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 57 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Most likely you are facing with nothing more than a hemorrhoid. Hemorrhoid is usually soft, with smooth surface and can be painful when get clotted. The color of hemorrhoid can be from skin like to purple. Bright red blood on the surface of the stool and on the toilet paper is very characteristic for this condition.

Cancer gives hard, rough and painless (this is very characteristic for the cancer) lump. It can not shrink due to suppositories usage. Such lump grows gradually and gets larger and larger.

So from your description this really does not sound like a cancer.
However you need to know that hemorrhoid wont disappear without the surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.