Having lox blood pressure. Have low back pain. Took hydroxyzine. What to do?

LOW BLOOD PRESSURE--IWas on the verge of a nervous breakdown,but today I'm much calmer. I benefitted from
hour's consultation with a counsellor (with 25 years' training who is an adult child of an alcoholic) (I'm a recovering alcoholic).
My BP about 30 minutes ago was 87/52. I'm a female, age 68, with severe lower back pain.
should I be concerned about my blood pressjure reading? My pulse was 71. (written by husband)

At about 7:45p.m.I took 2 hydroxyzine tablets (50 mg). N ow it's 10:10 pm. My blood pressure is still the same low level.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

I understand you are concerned about hypotension (low blood pressure). Technically, a systolic reading of less than 90 mmHg and diastolic reading of 60 mmHg is considered hypotension. So what you have falls in the hypotension category. You have a normal pulse rate though.

Whether or not it is concerning depend on your current symptoms. I would recommend you to see the doctor if the BP is constantly low and with symptoms like dizziness, lack of concentration and blurring of vision.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.