Having lower pelvic pain. Getting heavy periods. Diagnosed with ovarian cyst. Looking for medical cure

I am a 36 yr old female, mother of 3 I am 5 ft 4 in and weigh 95 pounds
Youngest born march of 2011
July of 2011 began having lower pelvic pain almost everyday
Beginning of 2012 still have pelvic pain (all below the belly button) along with lower back pain, pelvic bloating that my husband says makes me look pregnant, leg pain in the thigh area both legs. Occasionally feel sick but that passes quickly.
Am not pregnant
Periods are a little heavier than before last child was born but not significantly.
Feb 2012 went to GYN had pelvic exam was given antibiotics and was told that even though he did not think I had endometriosis that is what he was going to treat me for.
April? 2012 had CT scan of kindeys and bladder.........2 cm ovarian cyst on right side....GYN not concerned and did not think that was causing me pain.
As of now I am convincing myself I have cancer. My GYN is the type to make me feel stupid and he is always in a hurry to get to the 50 other women in the waiting room......I am limited to the one GYN/OB office that we have in town.
My pain is now every day and worse than a year ago........I do not feel comfortable talking with my GYN and am looking for a medical opinion on what I should do as far as the next step to rid myself of the pain and discomfort.

Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 47 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

I think you are having chronic pelvic inflammatory disease along with simple ovarian cyst

Regarding endometriosis there is usually dysmenorrhoea 2-3 days before menstrual cycle , it cyclical pain rather than continuous pain and there are chocolate cysts in ovary which can be confirmed by diagnostic laparoscopy

You said you are convinced of having cancer which is not true.
Without investigations like pap's , an endometrial biopsy , ovarian biopsy through laparoscope , CA 125 marker etc one can not say for sure that it is cancer.

Chronic PID with erosion cervix can cause severe pain in legs , back and lower abdomen as you are having

I think you should take a course of antibiotics like Doxycycline or Azithromycin under doctor's guidance and prescription.

If erosion cervix is there get it cauterized after pap's smear

NSAIDs under doctor's prescription will help you out

Do not take stress

I hope I have answered your query , if you want to know anything else you are most welcome

Best wishes