Having lower back pain, sensitive skin, headache, losing weight and irregular periods. Any treatment?

hi my wife has lower back pains her skin is really sensetive and touching her is causing pain she also has a headache apologies for the spelling also she is really tired
also she is having problems with losing weight gaining even though
dieting gym so on and irregular menstrual cycles
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I advice you for dietary changes and regular exercises to reduce weight rather than going for weight reduction pills. The pills will aid you in decreasing the weight but it also requires you to put some efforts, that is proper diet and regular exercises.
Our body weight is determined by the amount of energy that we take in as food and the amount of energy we expend in the activities of our day.
If your weight remains constant, you are probably taking in the same amount of calories that you burn each day. If you're slowly gaining weight over time, it is likely that your caloric intake is greater than the number of calories you burn through your daily activities.
The most effective method for weight loss is reducing the number of calories you consume while increasing the number of calories you burn through physical activity.
Self motivation is the best thing rather than going for pills. I advice you some how try to curb food intake and it is possible. I also advice you to increase the work out as you have increase the energy expenditure.
Back pain might be due to overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, and discs that support your spine. poor posture, pressure on the spinal nerves from certain problems, trauma, arthritis, myofascial pain that affects the connective tissue of a muscle or group of muscles. However, back pain is most often due to muscle irritation or joint problems and is usually not a cause for concern.
Reducing weight also help in regularizing the menstrual cycle.
Treatment includes -
1)Rest. If your back hurts a lot, take a break. But try not to let too much time pass before you get moving again. Instead, return to your activities slowly.
2)Use over-the-counter pain medicines. These can reduce pain and swelling.
3)Use a heating pad or ice pack. Heat can reduce pain and stiffness. Ice can help reduce pain and swelling.
4)Exercise. Exercises that stretch and strengthen the muscles in your back, shoulders, and stomach can help improve your posture, decrease your chance of injury, and reduce pain.
5)Practice good posture. Be sure to stand or sit tall. Don't slump or slouch.
6)Learn ways to reduce stress. You might try XXXXXXX breathing and relaxation exercises or meditation.
I know the answer is quite long but have given all the information that might help you.
It will be nice if you would have mention the duration of back pain and if it is chronic, it need to be evaluated and cause should be traced. For diagnosing an X-ray or an MRI can be used. I advice you to see orthopedician for thorough examination and to find the cause.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.