Having lower back pain and found small bruise on lower side. What's wrong?

I am a stay at home mom with kids age 6,4, 2. I run an avg of 15-20 miles a week or do the elliptical. I usually am running with a jogging stroller. I have some lower back pain and even a small bruise (eraser sized) on my lower right side.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 1 hour later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Please let me know more about your problem and also your medical history. Is your back pain the problem at this time? Let me know about your weight.
regarding the bruise, let me know about the shape, the time it appeared and if it is the first time.
Many back pains are because of spasm and they can be treated with better sitting, weigh loss and also some specific methods depending on the case.
Some sport women find back pain following some sports and it is called spondylolisthesis. It can occur following heavy exercises or even normal exercises. It can be shown in XR easily. The most probable thing is spasm of the muscles surrounding the vertebrae. Let me know more about it. Have a good health.
Follow-up: Having lower back pain and found small bruise on lower side. What's wrong? 6 minutes later
I weigh 132lbs. Have noticed the back pain primarily after long runs of 8 or more miles or when pushing my double stroller for more than 5 miles. I am in good health, I have had back pain following my 3 csections. I also have been told that I have poor posture.
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 10 hours later
Hi there, it could be related to your position during running which should not be inclined forward and pushing. It puts too much pressure on the back. You may use some bikes which provide the possibility of carrying kids or some other method except the way you do to balance the pressure. I wish you a good health.