Having lower back pain. What medication should be done?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Right now, aim having low back pain very bad but I am really need a couple pain killer. Where can I have them?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later

You can have them in lumbar region which is made up of five vertebrae (L1-L5).
The lumbar region of the back, where most back pain is felt, supports the weight of the upper body.

The following measures will help with the pain
•     Lie on a hard bed.
•     Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required ( dont repeat a dose before 6 hours) with food will help relieve the pain. This should be available at your local pharmacy
•     Avoid forward bending.
•     Correct your posture while sitting
•     Avoid prolonged sitting
•     Avoid strenuous activity & lifting heavy weights.
•     Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help.

I suggest you to consult a physician nearby for a detailed examination of spine. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.