Having lower back pain. Not cured by volini and brufen. Suggest medication for cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having lower back pain towards the left side .The pain subsides when I get up in the morning but starts again when I drive to work.This is happening since past 3 days and I have used pain relief spray(volini) and tablets (Brufin).However there is no relief.
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 34 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

From your history, it seems this is the first episode. You might be suffering from Acute mechanical back pain.

1. Hard bed rest for 2-3 days
2. Take some muscle relaxants like myoril 8 mg, etc., along with pain killers like diclofenac 50mg. You can continue using volini spray.
3. Hot water fomentation to back 2-3 times a day
4. Physiotherapy - Interferential therapy (IFT) to your back will help you relieve the pain
5. Avoid driving, leaning forward, sitting for prolonged time or lifting heavy weights. These activities can increase your back pain.

Even after a week if your pain doesn't gets relieved, better to get yourself examined by an orthopaedician. He might ask you to take an Xray of your back.

Get well soon,